FreshRSS has three primary viewing modes: Normal, Global, and Reader view.
Normal view will allow you to view articles in a compressed view. They can be separated by category or individual feed, or viewed in the “main stream” containing all feeds. Clicking a feed in the sidebar (mobile users will need to click the folder icon to open it) will open that feed’s view.
By default, the normal view includes six items per article. From left to right:
- Read status: An envelope icon to show if the article has been read or not. Closed envelopes are unread, open envelopes are read. Clicking on the icon will toggle the read status.
- Favourite status: A star icon to show if the article has been favourited or not. Filled stars are favourited, empty stars are not. Clicking on the icon will toggle the favourite status.
- Feed name: The name of the feed that the article is from. Clicking the feed name will move to that feed’s view in normal view.
- Article title: The title of the article. Clicking will open the article for viewing within FreshRSS.
- Article date/time: The time the article was posted.
- Link to original article: A globe icon that can be clicked to go to the article on the original website.
Normal View Sidebar
Clicking the gear icon next to an individual feed will display additional options for that feed.
- Filter: Run the defined filter to mark articles as read
- Statistics: View statistics about the feed
- See website: Open the feed’s website in another tab
- Manage: Configure the feed
- Actualize: Force-update the feed
- Mark as read: Mark all items in the feed as read
Global view allows quick views of feed’s statuses at once. Feeds and categories are shown with the number of unread articles next to them. Clicking a feed’s name will open it in a view similar to normal view.
Reader view will display a feed will all articles already open for reading. Feeds can be switched by clicking the folder icon at the top to bring up the category/feed sidebar.